Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fitness Log in the Works

Two weeks ago I went to VI Fitness in Victoria with the great idea of signing up with a friend.  We got the tour and the free pass and it sounded good.  I was tempted to join, but after sleeping on it I couldn't justify the 3h (2h of travel and 1h of working out) 3 times a week.  Even though they had child care (at a reasonable price) I would feel guilty losing that much time with him, so I opted not to join. Instead we bought a treadmill.  Part of the free pass was getting a fitness test and a session with a personal trainer.  Well, that was one of the worst days of my life!  I'm very overweight (172 pounds at the weigh-in) and swimming in too much body fat (42%).  I have to lose half my body fat and at least 20 pounds.  I still think something was off because I had recently just bought some clothes at a smaller size.  How could I be heavier and still take a smaller size?!  Anyway on the advice of the personal trainer I'm taking some steps to promote weight/fat loss: ingesting more water (via water, fruit, veg), reducing sugar/salt intake, and doing 45 minutes of hard cardio (reaching my target heart rate) 3 times a week.

I've decided to make public my weekly successes or failures as a way of keeping me honest. I'll log my weekly weight/body fat/water levels. The Activity Log will look pretty scant since I'm just starting to keep track today.

No comments:

Post a Comment