Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The title

I suppose you may be wondering about the header on my blog.  I'll explain.  The ERA (Equal Rights Amendment or Equal Rights Association for those who don't know the meaning) was a movement started in the USA as early as 1866.  The basic premise is equal rights, pay, etc. for women. I chose to make that comment because, despite the years of fighting for our equality and the Feminist Movement of the 1960s and 1970s to free us from domesticity, I chose to be a stay-at-home mum/homemaker.  I find myself doing "traditional" activities like making bread and preserves, crocheting and sewing even though I have a university degree and work experience.  I could be regarded as a traitor to my gender, by those Feminists, because of these subversive activities.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment